The Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley is dedicated to inspiring community philanthropy and engaging people to invest in the educational achievement, leadership development, research, and convening and engaging the Hispanic community to improve the quality of life for Latinos and the Silicon Valley region. This past year, they published an informative Latino Report Card featuring Latinos in Silicon Valley.
Here are the top 5 most interesting things we found about the Latinos who comprise the Silicon Valley.
- In 2016, Latinos made up over 26% of the Silicon Valley’s population. This population is projected to rise to just over 1 million by 2050. This means Latinos will remain the third largest ethnic group in the region.
- Additionally, the progress that Latino students have made has been incremental. Nearly one in five Latinos in Silicon Valley possesses a bachelor’s, graduate, or professional degree.
- Furthermore, statistics have also shown an increase in household income for certain Latinos in Silicon Valley. Latino households earning $100,000 or more rose 10% from 2009 to 2016.
- Also, nearly three-quarters of Silicon Valley Latinos are participating in the labor force.
- Lastly, the Latino unemployment rate in Silicon Valley declined from 12% to 5% from 2009 to 2016.
With the rise of multicultural groups in the Silicon Valley, it is important we know how to cater to them and serve their needs. At Kooltura Marketing, our goal is to help build community connections and cultural insight that is essential to successfully reaching a specific culture or subculture. As a strategy, we incorporate research studies, data, and our own cultural experiences while working closely in culturally rich communities.
If your organization or business is interested in reaching a specific ethnicity, culture, and/or subculture in San Jose, CA and the larger Bay Area, do not hesitate to contact us today. We offer marketing consulting, social media management and branding services.
To learn more about Latinos in Silicon Valley, click here.